- So many kinds and so much food available, much of which is wasted, even when we have people going hungry in this country, in your neighborhood, every day.
- The children of low income parents as human fodder in the wars we wage for our continued access to foreign oil, as this demographic comprises the biggest portion of noncommisioned soldiers. If they don't die overseas, they might be one of the 38 veterans every DAY who try to commit suicide.
- Obsession by many of mindless entertainment such as Dancing With the Stars, the best of the fall lineup, and sporting events, among others.
- Wasting of resources.
- Corporate-fostered callous indifference or obliviousness of the global effects of our consumption levels.
- Passive acquiescence to civil authority, even when it's not in our best interests.
- Feelings of righteousness about our indulgent lives celebrating self-gratification.
2 days ago