Saturday, October 4, 2014

V8 juice and sandwich rounds

These paleo sandwich rounds are great! They took me more than 3 minutes to make, but perhaps in time I will get quicker.

Also, finding something to sip on while out, when I'm tired of having water and didn't bring any tea, I found that V8 juice had the lowest carb and sugar content of anything in the convenience store. The next day I found an online recipe and made my own! Iadded finely chopped veg of whatever I had in the fridge, but still not 8 veggies....probably more like V6 ROFL! (celery, garlic, kale, tomato of course, carrot I believe, and parsley) Also, I tried filtering it, but I saw that I would have lost most of the mass of the concoction, so I changed plans and dumped it all back in the container and drank it like that. It's got some significant little crunchies to it, but it's just kind of a thicker version of store bought V8, really. Very filling and my creation has very little salt and no sugar except what occurs naturally in the fruit. I did add some lemon juice, extra Worcestershire, and a few spoonfuls of horseradish. I was going for a virgin Bloody Mary taste, and I got it! Along with the extra crunch! I was very glad in hindsight that I ran the food processor a LONG time. I will probably cook it a bit longer on the next batch, and maybe water it down next time I have some and see how that works out.

Having cooked meat and a big bowl of roasted veggie mix in the fridge is crucial to whipping up a quick meal. Liverwurst, cheese, and boiled and poached eggs also super convenient, along with a loaf of almond meal and ground flax seed bread. I am still motivated to keeping on track with this! I walked through Sam's Club the other day seeing so many delicious things I can't have and just kept saying in my head: "No....nope.......no can do........no, no, no......you look tasty but no......sorry, not right now.......oh yum, I might like you for my 1 free meal a week but not today......no.....nope......not gonna happen...." It was very good practice I think! Also turned down a free cup of ice cream. I mean, is it really worth it? I have so many clothes I want to fit into....and this bouncy belly I want to get rid of....so, no, it's not worth it. YEAH!

No comments: